Meeting Minutes for CCDL 4th meeting May 12, 2009

New members (welcome)

17 members attended.

The meeting was called to order at 19:06 with the Pledge of Allegiance

Introductions of new members were made and introductions of the existing members after that.

The minutes of April’s meeting were read
Motion To Accept (MTA) by Bennett/Alex at 19:16 unanimously passed

Treasurers report read by Scott for Jay
The treasury is up $25 after donations/tee shirts/filing fees
Scott will meet with Jay and get the next tee shirt order for distribution in June
MTA Treasurers report by Bennett/Lenny unanimously passed 19:18

Lenny addressed Web Hosting issues and options next
Go Daddy pricing
Economy plan 1 year $4.75/month
Mass mailing options were discussed express email marketing package $7.19/month (500 emails/month)
Google Groups were discussed as a mailing option
Misc discussion, email forwarding using ccdl.us as a destination.
MTA by Bennett/Ryan

Discussion of Dues/fees, donation buttons on the website, paypal, membership drives etc.
Membership forms
Ryan inquired as to CCDL being a non profit, we are a not for profit entity
Ryan offered his services for a modification of an existing web-site to CCDL as a
Donation or some other arrangement. Suggested looking at thisgunsforyou.com as an idea.
Ryan asked about a bottom of page tag to advertise his creative company skills, no issues

Accepted 19:28

Scott provide the presidents report.
Online forums, constitution sections via opencarry.org CT page
Requested more input on the section and encouraged active participation.

MTA Presidents report Lenny/Tony Unanimous 19:31

Ed Peruta suggested we could put the reports on a larger report and accept the whole thing rather than act upon each item separately.
Lenny wised off about the secretary’s head being down taking notes.

Susans Report as Registered Agent given by Scott

Business ID number 0970391
State ID number 00169-4650

$10 per filing for changing names on the group entity
No Tax ID yet
File separately for that with the Department of Revenue Services
Doable online
Secretary or RA handle… (all agreed that Susan should handle)
PO Box for mailing address approx $50 (monthly presumably)
Suggesting donation of “founding members” of $100/household per year
Solicit donations on the website using a button for non-attending members that would like to help out with the finances of the group.
Once the tax ID we can get a bank account for donations to go into
Quicken suggested to use for financial records to export
Apologies for missing items etc…
Passed around to view.

MTA Bennet/Virginia - unanimous 19:35

5 minute break called at 19:37

Off the record discussion driven by Ed Peruta who suggested if the CCDL.inc could provide pistol permit training classes at prices less than average with a minimum of 10 people per class it could be a decent moneymaker for the group. Ed had to leave but made his $100 household donation to the group, record made of money donated.
He said we ought to have the pistol/revolver course link on the page as people would look for that, and with a minimum class we could either teach it or have Ed or someone else teach it and do the hands-on (live fire) exercises at a range somewhere.

Meeting called back to order at 19:52

Old Business
Accomplishments read from last months meeting

New Business
Proposed Agenda
Membership forms
Online Ad-Hoc tweaking of forms (online signup)

MTD (discuss) Bennett/Lenny - membership forms 19:59
The group viewed Lenny’s design on his computer discussed.
Discussed the lack of access to “free” printing facilities
Boxes to use to display them, on the back are tri-fold instructions to make them mailable.

MTA Lenny/Justin unan 20:04

MTD Web hosting
Ryan said he would build and manage a simple site.
No issues with small bottom ad for Ryans time/effort
NRA ad, GOA ad suggested by Lenny
Asked Ryan for a contract such that the website contents were protected and owned by CCDL Inc.
Ryan suggested putting the new site up on the hosting site it will reside on and when it is ready for public consumption change the http://www.ccdl.us to point at it.

Ryan offered to put up:
Online application page
Home page
News page
Certificates page?

Motion to have Ryan create the web page Bennet/Tony unan 20:08

Motion To Table MTT July 4th type event due to Susan/Ira not being here amongst other reasons Bennet/Alex

MTD bylaws Justin/ (went back to the audio no second, etc)
Discussed the Ad-hoc modifications made

Justin Read Article 1 of the group constitution
Discussion of mission statement
MTA Article 1 Alex/Tony unan

Article 2 Organization read by Scott

MTA Article 2 Lenny/Justin unan

Article 3 Finances
Justin read
All books open upon request
Financial info 2 weeks after request of treasurer
Report on treasury and balances during meetings
Exec board will prepare Preliminary budgets
Minimum bank balance (fee avoidance)
Balance below minimum no existing exec board member may run for office
Min balance set by exec
Dues set by exec board
Dues are not required of members

Discussion
Voting versus non-voting members having demands
Posting of books online
2 business meeting notice of intent to see books
Hostile takeover discussion by outsiders
To be determined later what the requirements are
Members in good standing? Definition
Voting members? Requirements for voting?
Justin to re-write the portions as needed for viewing
Treasurer will present finance report to cover demands.. (phew)
$25 minimum to be amended later for bank account once bank fees are known.
Or amend the section with whatever the bank says the minimum is.

Passed Art 3 unan 20:24

MTT Article 4 until next general meeting – more discussion needed Bennett/Lenny
When Susan and Ira can attend. unan 20:25

Article 5 Election Procedures
Justin reads
Membership votes for members at second to the last meeting of the year (Nov)
1 year position for exec board members (2 years??)
Steve discussed his experience with bylaw amendments
Fiscal year end October meeting books balanced prior to elections.
To be presented at Oct meeting

Sec 2 Nominations for officers Oct Meeting
Exec board positions nominated by members
Exec board positions can self nominate
Language change “all elected board position” to “only elected board position”
Possible exception to waive requirements for appointment (by president to committees)
Steve talked more about committees and appointments making things easier
Sec 3
Nominated candidate must have attended at least 50% of gen meetings in calendar year
Change calendar to fiscal?
Add nominated candidate must be a voting member
Discussion of “member in good standing”

Justin discussed differences in membership classes. Online discussion to follow to decide how to define members, good standing, voting, etc.
Vote in election with 1 meeting attended struck!
Move to section 4

Section 5
Officers shall be elected by a plurality of the votes
No run-off election (top two candidates, vote again)
Whoever wins wins.
Tiebreaker – flip a coin? Shoot off? Duel?
Flip of a coin by current president (by someone someone NOT vested in the outcome)
Secret Ballot – to be added to the section write-in secret ballot.
Can’t hold more than one position at a time.

Section 6 to become sec 5
If the office of chairman is vacant then vice chairman will be appointed until the next election. v/c position is posted after that for 30 days accept nominations from the general membership.

Section 7 to become 6
Elections shall be rolling chairman/ vice chairman/ secretary, and so on.
Discussions to determine all the positions online
Take some positions and combine them to reduce headcount or paperwork changes
Registered Agent to be an exec board position

Section 6 to become 7 after membership section addition.

Discussion of legislative person to cover elections with help of committee.
Committees will help with election coverage
We are non-partisan
Choose best candidate based on 2nd amendment
NRA ratings? GOA ratings?
Reach out to candidates and feel them out for their position and decide on which one is best.
Lenny suggested the politicians will fall over themselves to get our backing.
Regional contact in touch with local politicians
Same issue for governor recommendations
Help available from membership who can help (ad hoc)

Justin will post the changes online to be discussed and worked on next meeting.
Article 8 amendments
Article 9 disciplinary procedures

Motion to close the meeting made by Bennett/Tony 21:01