MEETING MINUTES: CCDL General Meeting
CALL TO ORDER
General Meeting of Connecticut Citizens Defense League was held on January 9, 2018 at Elks Lodge 44 Maynard Street, Middletown CT. The meeting began at 7:10 PM and was presided over by Scott Wilson, with Cheryl Lemos as secretary. The meeting opened with the National Anthem and the Pledge of Allegiance.
EXECUTIVE BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Scott Wilson, Chris Lemos, Bob Starr, Cheryl Lemos, Michelle McBrien, Holly Sullivan, John Beidler, Ray Bevis, Frank Russello, Robert Chambers, Jonathan Hardy
EXECUTIVE BOARD MEMBERS NOT PRESENT: Kevin Holian-Borgnis, Kris Witherill, Keith Cagle
GUESTS:Tim Herbst, candidate Connecticut Governor as guest speaker. Additional guests: Ann Brookes candidate for Lieutenant Governor, David Wilson State Representative 66th House District, and Doug Dubitsky State Representative 47th House (additional guests did not speak but made themselves available to answer questions from the general membership.).
- Executive and Committee ReportsCandidate for Governor Tim Herbst
- 2018 Legislative Workshop
- Discussion on State Elections 2018
- Letter Writing Campaign
President’s Report – Scott Wilson
Report waived in the interest of time
Vice-President’s Report – Chris Lemos
-Worked on the website, blog, and membership emails.
Treasurer’s Report – Bob Starr
- People’s Bank Balance (Litigation) = $92,390
- People’s Bank Balance (Operations) = $59,982
Secretary’s Report – Cheryl Lemos
-Created minutes for the previous monthly meeting and provided to the Technology Coordinator to post to the website.
COORDINATOR REPORTS Membership Coordinator – Cheryl Lemos
-Member Total - 29,141
-New Members - 125
Events Coordinator – Holly Sullivan
-9th Annual Anniversary Dinner will Saturday, February 10, 201 at the Aquaturf in Plantsville. Doors open at 4 dinner served at 5:30. We are selling tickets at meetings and on the website. Tickets are $55 for cash purchases and $57 for PayPal. Tickets purchased from the website will be will-call at the door the night of the dinner. We are also looking for volunteers to work the night of the dinner and donations for game prizes.
-We will be setting up a booth at the Fishing and Hunting Show being held at the Connecticut Convention Center April 6th through the 8 th, 2018. Will call for volunteers at future meetings.
Legislative Coordinator – Ray Bevis (presented by Scott Wilson)
- Presented Legislative workshop at the meeting. Upcoming workshops will be held:
- Thursday, January 18, 2018 from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM at the Suffield VFW, Suffield
- Saturday, January 20th from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM at the New Haven Sportsman’s Club, Guilford
- Additional date and location to be determined.
Merchandise Coordinator – Michelle McBrien
-We have new merchandise available:
- Three new decal styles – patriotic, camouflage, and rainbo
Permit Issues Coordinator – Jonathan Hardy
Report waived in the interest of time
- January Food Drive - for nearly eight years, CCDL has collected and distributed food for those in need at our monthly meetings. Thank you to all of our members who generously donated canned goods and other non-perishable items to our January meeting.
- Discussed the legislation proposed by Governor Dannel Malloy to expand gun control and ban 'bump stocks' as part of his anti-gun agenda for the next legislative session. Encouraged people to comment on news articles and social media posts, and to write letters to editors of local papers to put a pro-gun voice to the issues.
- 2018 State Elections - 2018 might be a pivotal year for gun rights in our state. It all comes down to CCDL members becoming engaged in helping pro 2A candidates hold and win seats. This is the most effective way any one member can protect their rights.
MEETING AGENDA DETAILS
- Candidate for Governor Tim Herbst spoke the general membership about his campaign platform.
- Ray Bevis and Jonathan Hardy presented the CCDL Legislative Workshop to the general membership about how to write testimony and speak at the legislature regarding 2nd Amendment issues
NEXT SCHEDULED MEETING
The next General Meeting of Connecticut Citizens Defense League will held on February 13, 2018 at Elks Lodge 44 Maynard Street, Middletown CT. The meeting is scheduled to begin at 7:00 PM..
Scott Wilson called the meeting be adjourned at 9:05 pm
MINUTES PREPARED BY
Cheryl Lemos – Secretary CCDL
January 10, 2018