Southbury town meeting on proposed gun ban; Thursday, November 2nd at 7:00PM at the Pomperaug High School auditorium.
The Southbury Democratic Town Committee (SDTC) has requested that the Board of Selectmen consider an ordinance to prohibit firearms on all town property. Ultimately, making these places “Gun Free Zones”.
The Board of Selectmen voted to explore this idea further, and added it to the agenda for their October 19th meeting.
You can see the SDTC letter here: Southbury DTC Gun Control Letter (pdf)
Many of the hundreds of Southbury CCDL members and supporters came out to the October 19th meeting to voice their concerns on this proposed town gun ban. So many, the meeting was rescheduled due to crowd size. The new date and location is Thursday, November 2nd at 7:00PM at the Pomperaug High School auditorium, 234 Judd Rd, Southbury, CT. You should plan on arriving early, and sitting in the front of the room. (Please remember that schools are gun free zones)
All members are welcome and encouraged to attend
CCDL holds its monthly general membership meeting at 7:00pm on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at the Elks Lodge in Middletown, CT.
All CCDL members are welcome and encouraged to attend.
- Updates on actions involving the Middletown pistol permit process
- Updates on actions involving the New Haven pistol permit process
- Updates on actions involving the Waterbury pistol permit process
- Updates on actions involving the Stamford pistol permit process
- CCDL Family Picnic (volunteers needed)
- CCDL Poker Run (volunteers needed)
- Soto v Bushmaster update
- CCDL educational legislative shoot
- Unauthorized use of CCDL logo